Dear Parents / Carers
Face Coverings – Thank you to those parents & Grandparents who have been wearing a face covering. Just a polite reminder that we would like to anyone collecting and dropping off to wear a face covering. This is not mandatory but, we really appreciate your help and support.
Gate Buzzer – Please can you only use the Buzzer if you need to fetch your child earlier than the normal pick up time. Staff will be bringing the children out to the gate in a group at finish time 3.15pm / 2.15pm on a Friday.
Half Term – During half term, if you are planning on going to a country which is on the Isolation list, please can you let us know for the NHS Track & Trace. Thank you.
Yellow Lines – Please remember to socially distance and stay at the marked yellow lines. Thank you.
Playhouse Activities This Week – This week we have finished our hedgehog rolls, they looked and smelt amazing. We created some Autumn wreaths, examining the amazing colours. We have made spooky ghosts and lots of messy play. We are learning ‘I have a little Turtle’ song. We have also finished planting our bulbs ready for spring.
Forest School this Week – In Forest School today we read Room on the Broom. We made mud paint to create bog pictures. We used herbal tea bags, leaves, and sticks to mix our own potions, we then made up some spells. The children danced like monsters, witches, and ghosts. Whooohoooo!!
Playhouse Activities Next Term – Next term we will be doing the following activities:
Caring for our teeth
Bonfire night and fire safety
Week commencing 9th November: Divali and building up to the Sikh celebration on the 14th November.
Week commencing 16th November: Road Safety Week
Week Commencing 11th December: Hanukah and learning about the Jewish celebration and Christmas celebration.
Our Topic books will be: Billy Goats Gruff and Goldie Locks & The Three Bears
For next term we wanted to do some woodwork creations. Does anyone have any bits of wood they could donate? Many thanks.
Week Commencing 2nd November – Sound of the Week – Our sound of the Week will be ‘u’. We will use resources from the playhouse as we are not yet able to accept items from home.
Applying for Primary School – If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017, and you live in Peterborough you need to apply for a Reception place at Primary School. The deadline for applications is 15 January 2021, please don’t leave it to the last minute just in case of technical difficulties.
Here is a link to the Peterborough City Council Website: https://www.peterborough.gov.uk/residents/schools-and-education/school-admissions
Hungry Little Minds – Here is some useful information from the Government and Hungry Little Minds:
- Government have committed to halving the number of children starting school without the language and literacy skills they need by 2028.
- Hungry Little Minds aims to raise awareness of the importance of the home learning environment and parents chatting playing and reading with their children through a Government-led national communications campaign.
- National Literacy Trust received funding from Department for Education to boost the campaign in 12 local areas, of which Peterborough is one.
- We will share stories and online content through Peterborough Reads Facebook pages. They will be followed up with different themed chat play and read activities throughout the month.
- The first story went live on 1st October and was ‘We’re Going on a Lion Hunt by David Axtell. This has been followed by Facebook live sessions on activities around the story.
- The campaign will run until March 2020.
- We aim to run pop up gifting sessions/activities in community spaces, including literacy vulnerable areas, to promote chatting, playing and reading and hand out activities (Covid dependant and in line with government guidelines).
There are some great ideas on the Literacy Trust website for fun activities: https://wordsforlife.org.uk/
AGM – Our Committee held their AGM last night and thank you to those who took part and joined in. Here are the roles moving forward into this school year:
Chair: Amy Ellis Treasurer: Gary Dell Secretary: Abbi Smith
Vice Chair: Pip Power Vice treasurer: Emma Wright Marketing: Nikki Reilly
Fundraising: Emily Carter OOSC Rep: Berni Anderson
Don’t forget, it’s Half term next week .. have a lovely half term and stay safe.
The Playhouse Team