Dear Parents / Carers
Please find below this week’s Weekly Update!
Letter of the Week – Our chosen letter for our next session is ‘k’! Please can your child bring in an item which has a ‘k’.
Makaton – This is a language using signs and symbols; we are going to learn ‘Book’
Playhouse Activities This Week – This week we have had a space station for our role play. We have also had lots of lovely activities in connection with Space. We have had great fun making tea stained treasure maps and we’ve been hunting for treasure too! We have continued to plant sunflower seeds and strawberries. We have made ‘rocket’ fruit kebabs for our cookery activities.
Playhouse Activities Next Session – Next week we are going to look at the real space station and the planets. We will continue with the ‘rocket’ fruit kebabs to make sure that everyone has made one.
Warmer Weather – With the weather warming up, please can you apply sun cream to your child in the morning before they attend Preschool. We will re-apply at lunchtime, if required. Thank you.
Dates for your Diary – Here are a few dates for your diary:
3rd – 9th June – Child Safety Week
18th June from 9.00am – 10.00am Stay & Play sessions
Week commencing 24th June – Happy chicks arrive
27th June from 9.00am – 10.00am Stay & Play sessions
Parents, carers and Grandparents are welcome to our Stay & Play sessions, you have the opportunity for an insight into your child’s day.
Things to do at Home – We have lots of pumpkin seeds and we would love it if you could join us in growing the seeds with your child at home. Photo’s of your plants progress would be great! If you would like to take part please ask Lucy for seeds. Here’s some information on how children learn from growing things:
- Responsibility – from caring for plants
- Understanding – as they learn about cause and effect (for example, plants die without water, weeds compete with plants)
- Self-confidence – from achieving their goals and enjoying the food they have grown
- Love of nature – a chance to learn about the outdoor environment in a safe and pleasant place
- Reasoning and discovery – learning about the science of plants, animals, weather, the environment, nutrition and simple construction
- Physical activity – doing something fun and productive
- Cooperation – including shared play activity and teamwork
- Creativity – finding new and exciting ways to grow food
- Nutrition – learning about where fresh food comes from.
Have a lovely weekend!
The Playhouse Team